There are a few things you may want to ask yourself before you buy your very first sex toy. For starters, you need to determine if you prefer vaginal penetration or clitoral stimulation. Being your first toy, what if you aren’t exactly sure?
The toy I most often recommend to first time sex toy buyers is the California Exotics Silicone Jack Rabbit. There are plenty of rabbit style vibrators out there and I’ve tried quite a few. This style has been one of my tried and true favorite sex toys for years. I keep coming back to this one for a number of reasons— the price is reasonable, the quality is excellent, it’s powerful but quiet, it’s made from medical grade silicone and the design is much better than other rabbit styles I’ve tried.
I recommend the Silicone Jack Rabbit as a first vibrator because it offers clitoral stimulation, vaginal stimulation and these functions can be used separately or both at the same time. An all-in-one toy offers the best of both worlds and can help a new user figure out which sensations they like best. Here are ways you can use the Impulse Jack Rabbit:
1. Clitoral Stimulation Only: Most women orgasm from clitoral stimulation. You can hold the “rabbit ears” against your clit without inserting the dildo part of the toy and use it that way (the clit vibrating function as 7 pulses/speeds too—so you can pick what’s right for you).
2. Simultaneous Clitoral and Vaginal Stimulation: You can insert the mechanized dildo part of the toy while using the clit stimulator at the same time. The dildo portion also has separate, multi-speed controls and a separate motor. It spins around in a churning, circular motion.
3. Clitoral Stimulation + G-spot Pressure: Since the dildo movement is separately controlled from the clit part, you can use one independently from the other. I find most women prefer to use this toy with the clit part vibrating and the dildo part motionless (completely off) but inserted. Just having the dildo inserted but the power off gives you a feeling of fullness, puts a little nice pressure on your g-spot without over stimulating and is a perfect compliment to the vibration on the clit.
4. Vaginal Penetration Only: If you find vaginal stimulation is more your thing, you can turn the clit vibration completely off and use the dildo part to penetrate yourself either with the rotating dildo power on or off.
5. Partnered Sex: As an added bonus, you can also use this toy with a partner. I’ve found if a partner is penetrating me from behind, I can hold the clit stimulating “rabbit ears” against me externally at the same time.
As an all-purpose, smorgasbord type toy, the Jack Rabbit hits the mark for most women. It offers a sample of various types of sensations you typically find in many different toys. It’s not only a great starter vibrator for many first timers, a lot of us who have tried nearly every type of toy out there still consider it a favorite. You know how they say you should have certain “foundation pieces” in your wardrobe like a little black dress? I consider the Silicone Jack Rabbit a “foundation toy!”
Watch my video for more tips on rabbit style sex toys, what rabbit type/dual stimulation toys to avoid and why the new silicone version of the Jack Rabbit is superior to its predecessor, the Jelly Impulse Jack Rabbit. You’ll also get to see it in action (on my HAND! Get your mind out of the gutter!).
In my video I also talk about two of my favorite non-vibrating dildo style toys. If you know you prefer vaginal penetration over clitoral stimulation, these toys may be ideal for you. I show you the SplitDILDO by Stimulative Innovations. It’s revolutionary design gives an intense feeling of vaginal fullness and stimulates the G-spot, PS-spot and A-spots simultaneously.
The second dildo is The Fun Factory Tiger Dildo. It is harness compatible and offers a suction cup base. In my video you’ll get to hear all about a recent toy testing party I threw where a room full of men and women voted The Tiger the best harness compatible dildo for both vaginal and anal sex (out of 12 we tested that day).
If you would like to purchase any of the toys I recommend, please use the links on this page. I do earn a small percentage for some of the items purchased from these links. But, rest assured, I never recommend toys I do not wholeheartedly believe in! Revenue from affiliate links helps me pay for the cost of maintaining this blog and, of course, to buy more toys!
~Sunny Megatron, XO