Level up your dating game with Shannon Boodram! Screw those dating books filled with pick up artist techniques to trick potential mates. Shan’s dating advice is more like “dating therapy”… and you need it! We talk about the importance of addressing emotional intelligence before you start swiping on Tinder. Shan tells us why knowing you and your partner’s attachment style and apology style is so important. We also learn why risky behavior is integral to your brain’s development and bonding with a partner, how to handle things if your partner isn’t as committed to doing self-work as you are, flirting tips for those that aren’t great with non-verbal cues, and more. No matter your relationship style, sexual orientation, romantic orientation, or gender, Shan’s info is just as valuable to new partners as to those who have been together for decades.
Shannon Boodram Bio
Shan Boodram is the Internet’s most sought-after, certified sex educator, dating coach and relationship expert with over 35 million YouTube views alongside her mainstream coverage across all the major TV networks, The New York Times, Forbes and Time Magazine.
Known by her community as “Shan Boody,” Boodram first made her way onto the scene and caught the attention of international press with her work on MTV’s Guide to Sex series that ran over the summer in 2016. Boodram then solidified her status as a go-to-girl in the dating space as the host and executive producer of the Fullscreen series, Your Perfect Date, where she coached individuals in need of polished dating protocol for multiple streaming seasons. Last year, Shan was the host and a consulting producer for Facebook Watch’s relationship series, Make Up or Break Up, which aired live for 33 consecutive weeks.
Boodram is a Canadian best-selling author, her new book is “The Game Of Desire: 5 Surprising Secrets to Dating with Dominance and Getting What You Want,” published by Harper Collins. Her previous book, “LAID,” was a best-seller and she has written articles for Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan and CBC, as well as being a contributing writer for Freeform.
Shan is an ambassador for AIDS Healthcare Foundation and WomensHealth.gov. She is a member of the American Sexual Health Association and Trojan’s Sexual Health Advisory Council. She is a certified sexologist and currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed. You also get episodes made exclusively for Patreon members, podcast stickers, surprises in the mail, a personal video greeting & more for as little as $3 a month. Thanks!
Episode 97 Links
- Shannon Boodram’s Website: https://www.shanboodram.com/
- The Game of Desire book website https://www.thegameofdesire.com/
- Shannon Boodram Instagram https://www.instagram.com/shanboody/
- Shannon Boodram youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/shannontboodram
- Shan’s OkCupid Video https://youtu.be/EHMF2faG7WA
- Giddy https://getmegiddy.com
- Shan’s Bonus audio https://www.patreon.com/posts/28838987
- Ep 61 – Empowerment & Healing in Trying Times w/ Amy Jo Goddard https://sunnymegatron.com/amy-jo-goddard-womens-sexual-empowerment/
- @Sheisthe_t/Tenishia on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sheisthe_t/?hl=en
- Sunny Megatron Instagram (please help us get to 10k to unlock more business features! We’re sooooo close!) http://instagram.com/sunnymegatron
- American Sex Podcast subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/americansexpodcast
Episode 97 Sponsor, Affiliate & Giveaway Info
- Fire Woman Retreat http://amyjogoddard.com/firewomanretreat
- Get 10% off American Sex Podcast & Sunny Megatron merch with code SUNNY (t-shirts, mugs, phone cases & more) http://bit.ly/sunnyshirts
- Sunny & Ken’s classes on Kink Academy http://bit.ly/kinkacademyelectric &http://bit.ly/kinkacademyhumiliation
- 15% off your order at Lovehoney when you use this link http://bit.ly/lovehoney15
- 15% off everything at Lelo.com with code SUNNY
- 10% off everything (with minor restrictions) online from woman-owned, feminist, trans & queer-friendly Early To Bed with code SUNNY http://bit.ly/sunnyetb
- At least 25% off BDSM gear & sex toys with Stockroom’s daily deal (there’s a new product each day!) https://www.stockroom.com/dailydeal/?acc=7c590f01490190db0ed02a5070e20f01