Amy Jo Goddard specializes in women’s healing & empowerment and after the week our country has had, this conversation is perfectly timed. Sunny & Amy Jo discuss the impact of age of #MeToo has had on various members of society–women, survivors, allies, non-binary folks, men, people of color, etc–and how our roles in it all intertwine. Their discussion zeros in on how these factors affect women’s sexuality: why so many have difficulty focusing on pleasure and embracing desire, the struggle of getting sexual and emotional needs met, healing from trauma, feeling sexually ‘broken’, learning to be fully present in your body, and more. Amy Jo gives us a peek at the magic that goes on during private empowerment retreats plus gives great tips for partners of those negatively affected by the Kavanaugh hearings. Sunny also announces some nifty new podcast swag on its way to Patreon members.
Episode Guest Bio
Hailing from Military Dad and Recovering-Catholic-Proudly-Sandra-Dee-Mom, Amy Jo Goddard had no other choice but to become a sex educator just to sail the shaky waters of human experience and help her family survive. Actually, they don’t really take sex advice from her.
But thousands of others have—Amy Jo is author of Woman on Fire: Nine Elements to Wake up Your Erotic Energy, Personal Power and Sexual Intelligence and co-author of the best-selling classic Lesbian Sex Secrets for Men, recently published in second edition. She earned her Master’s degree in Human Sexuality Education at New York University and has been teaching and speaking about feminism and sexuality for over two decades, including her TEDx talk “Owning Your Sexual Power.” She facilitates sexual empowerment programs and trains sexual empowerment coaches and educators. Her Fire Woman Retreat is an annual sexual empowerment event for her tribe of women who are on the path. She also works with companies to create workplace cultures that honor consent, equality, stellar communication, and collaborative leadership. Her forthcoming film At Your Cervix, examines patient consent and bodily autonomy in gynecology and medical education, aiming to end unethical practices that harm both patients and medical students.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed for as little as $3 per month. Contributors also get brand new, monthly content and episodes made exclusively for Patreon members. Thanks!
Episode 61 Links
- Amy Jo Goddard Website http://amyjogoddard.com/
- Amy Jo Goddard Twitter https://twitter.com/AmyJoGoddard
- Amy Jo Goddard Instagram http://instagram.com/sexualempowerment
- Amy Jo Goddard Facebook https://www.facebook.com/amyjogoddard.coach/
- $75 off Amy Jo Goddard’s Fire Woman retreat in San Diego October 12-14 with Code IMONFIRE2018 http://firewomanretreat.com
- About the #WhyIDidntReport hashtag https://www.wired.com/story/whyididntreport-hashtag/
- Sunny Megatron Instagram/IGTV (please help us get to 10k to unlock more business features!) http://instagram.com/sunnymegatron
Episode 61 Sponsor & Giveaway Info
- Bio Bidet Slim Edge: http://bit.ly/sunnyslimedge
- Lovense Edge Prostate Bluetooth Massager giveaway ($119 value) provided by Castle Megastore. Entrants must be over 18, US resident, no purchase necessary. Visit the giveaway page for details and to enter https://sunnymegatron.com/edge
- 20% off your order at http://castlemegastore.com when you use code SUNNY at checkout (limited restrictions apply)
- Get the early-bird pricing late for Ropecraft Austin, TX in October 26-28 2018 with code SUNNY https://www.ropecraft.net/austin/
- $250 off Midori’s Forte Femme Women’s Dominance Weekend New York October 26-28 2018 with code sunny18 http://www.fortefemme.com/
- 10% off everything (with minor restrictions) online from woman-owned, feminist, trans & queer-friendly Early To Bed with code SUNNY http://bit.ly/sunnyetb
© 2017-2019 American Sex