Kitty Stryker put the phrase “Consent Culture” on the map. Much of this week’s episode is devoted to SESTA/FOSTA and Kitty tells us why these bills are damaging to not only consensual sex workers but all of our personal and sexual freedoms. We dive into consent both inside and outside of the bedroom and discuss her new anthology “Ask: Building Consent Culture.” Kitty also gives us an interesting peek into Juggalo culture and how it might lead us down the path to a brighter future. Ken & Sunny spontaneously decide to send surprises in the mail to their growing Patreon family & give the secret word for the Peepshow Toys giveaway.
Also, don’t miss Kitty Stryker’s “super awkward poop story” on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/kitty-strykers-18067385
Kitty Stryker is a feminist writer, anarchist activist, Juggalo anthropologist, and authority on developing a consent culture in alternative communities. She is the founder of ConsentCulture.com, a website that ran for 6 years as a hub for LGBT/kinky/poly folks looking for a sex critical approach to relationships. The site was relaunched in 2017 to support her book, “Ask: Building Consent Culture“, an anthology through Thorntree Press released in 2017. Kitty tours internationally speaking at universities and conferences about feminism, sex work, body positivity, queer politics, and more. She lives in Oakland, California with her two cats, Foucault and Marquis.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed for as little as $1 per month. Contributors also get brand new, monthly content and episodes made exclusively for Patreon members. Thanks!
Episode 36 Links
- Kitty Stryker Twitter https://twitter.com/kittystryker
- Kitty Stryker Website http://kittystryker.com/
- Kitty Stryker’s book, “Ask: Building Consent Culture” https://www.amazon.com/Ask-Building-Consent-Kitty-Stryker/dp/1944934251
- Club Ascension Detroit Memorial Day Chicken BBQ http://club-ascension.com/event/chicken-bbq-memorial-weekend/
- COPE Conference Ohio July 2018http://www.adventuresinsexuality.org/COPE/tickets.html
- Sunny’s Womanizer/Satisfyer/Sona live stream sponsored by Peepshow Toys on Sunny’s facebook page (this is where you get secret word #2!) https://www.facebook.com/SunnyMegatron/videos/1777396082306225/
- SESTA/FOSTA affected web properties https://survivorsagainstsesta.org/documentation/
- Petition to repeal SESTA/FOSTA (please sign & share!) https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repealstop-fosta-now
- Explore More Summit (free online sexuality summit April 23-May 3) bit.ly/sunnyexploremore
- Call in your BDSM & sex advice questions to our voicemail line 773-MUFF-TOY (we may play your message on air) or by email to email@example.com
Episode 36 Sponsor, Affiliate & Giveaway Info
- Jimmyjane Halo Love Pod ($150 value) provided by Castle Megastore. Entrants must be over 18, US resident, no purchase necessary. Visit the giveaway page for details and to enter http://sunnymegatron.com/halo Giveaway entry ends 4/30/2018
- 20% off your order at http://castlemegastore.com when you use code SUNNY at checkout (limited restrictions apply)
- Womanizer/Sona/Satisfyer giveaway sponsored by peepshowtoys.com. Entrants must be over 18, US or Canadian resident, no purchase necessary. Visit the giveaway page for details and to enter http://sunnymegatron.com/peepshowgiveaway Giveaway entry ends 5/2/2018
- 10% off peepshowtoys.com with code SUNNY. Peepshow Toys is small, independently owned online pleasure products retailer committed to selling only quality products made of body-safe, non-toxic materials, at fair prices. Peepshow Toys carries a number of “indie” sex toy brands like The Butters, Split Peaches and Funkit Toys – companies that are similarly committed to offering body-safe, quality sex toys.
© 2017-2019 American Sex