Episode 37 of American Sex Podcast is our big, girthy sex toy episode! Listeners tell us the hilarious household objects they’ve used to get off, we reveal some of our most laughable sex toy fails, plus we clear up some sex toy myths. Find out: What’s the deal with using silicone lube with silicone toys anyway? Are luxury sex toys really superior? What the hell is the difference between buzzy and rumbly sex toys? And more! We also talk to a 25 year sex toy industry veteran, Katy Zvolerin, for a peek into the business side of the sex toy industry. We learn how pleasure products have evolved over the last 40 years and what the future may bring. Will we really all have sex robots? Maybe …
Katy is a native of Tennessee (Go Vols!) and a graduate of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, with a B.S. in Journalism and Public Relations. After working for Maytag and in publishing in New York, she started working at Adam & Eve in November of 1993 as a catalog copywriter (remember catalogs?!). In 1997, Katy was promoted to Adam & Eve Director of Public Relations. She received her certification in Clinical Sexology in 2017 and holds an Associate in Sex Education from the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. She is currently working towards her AASECT certification as a Sex Educator.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed for as little as $1 per month. Contributors also get brand new, monthly content and episodes made exclusively for Patreon members. Thanks!
Episode 37 Links
- Adam and Eve Twitter https://twitter.com/adamandeve
- Adam and Eve Website https://www.adameve.com/
- Explore More Summit we’re speaking in (free online sexuality summit April 23-May 2) bit.ly/sunnyexploremore
- Club Ascension Detroit Memorial Day Chicken BBQ (we’re teaching) http://club-ascension.com/event/chicken-bbq-memorial-weekend/
- COPE Conference Ohio July 2018 (we’re teaching) http://www.adventuresinsexuality.org/COPE/tickets.html
- Sunny’s Womanizer/Satisfyer/Sona live stream sponsored by Peepshow Toys on Sunny’s facebook page (this is where you get secret word #2!) https://youtu.be/u-D5-6vzGu4
- NoFrillDo $24 Silicone Dildos by Funkit Toys https://www.peepshowtoys.com/search?x=0&y=0&q=nofrilldo
- Dangerous Lilly blog http://dangerouslilly.com/
- Epiphora Blog https://heyepiphora.com/
- Join our mailing list by texting MEGATRON to 444999
Episode 37 Sponsor & Giveaway Info
- Womanizer/Sona/Satisfyer giveaway sponsored by peepshowtoys.com. Entrants must be over 18, US or Canadian resident, no purchase necessary. Visit the giveaway page for details and to enter:https://sunnymegatron.com/peepshowgiveaway Giveaway entry ends 5/2/2018
- 10% off peepshowtoys.com with code SUNNY. Peepshow Toys is small, independently owned online pleasure products retailer committed to selling only quality products made of body-safe, non-toxic materials, at fair prices. Peepshow Toys carries a number of “indie” sex toy brands like The Butters, Split Peaches and Funkit Toys – companies that are similarly committed to offering body-safe, quality sex toys.
- Jimmyjane Halo Love Pod ($150 value) provided by Castle Megastore. Entrants must be over 18, US resident, no purchase necessary. Visit the giveaway page for details and to enter: https://sunnymegatron.com/halo Giveaway entry ends 4/30/2018
- 20% off your order at http://castlemegastore.com when you use code SUNNY at checkout (limited restrictions apply)
© 2017-2019 American Sex