Sex positive mental health professionals are hard to find. Enter marriage & family therapist, Kate Loree. In this episode she covers: how to deal with family you have opposing political views with, finding a kink-friendly therapist, what corrective experiences are & why you should seek them out, how to tell a partner you’re kinky, what to do if you & your partner have mismatched libido, why we tend to eroticise our fears when it comes to sexual fantasies, what the deal is with sex addiction, and more.
Kate Loree, LMFT is a sex-positive licensed marriage and family therapist with a specialty in kink, non-monogamous, LGBTQ, and sex worker communities. In addition to her Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, she is also a registered art therapist (ATR) and has a second Masters in Business Administration (MBA). She has been practicing psychotherapy for fourteen years and has additional training in EMDR and the Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM) for the treatment of trauma including sexual, physical, and emotional abuse. She has been featured in Buzzfeed videos, has frequently been a guest on Playboy Radio and The Sex Nerd Sandra Podcast, and has written for Good Vibrations and Hollywood Magazine. She is currently writing her first book. Privately, she has been connected to poly, swing and kink communities since 2003 and understands the hurdles, massive emotional growth, and amazing joy these worlds can provide. Her private practice resides in Encino, CA.
Episode 10 Topics
Avoiding toxic family, Amber Rose Slutwalk, depression and the Trump administration, monitoring your emotional gas tank, sexless marriages, glass dildos, Sex Nerd Sandra Daugherty, mass hypnosis, sexual compulsive behaviors, how to find a sex-positive therapist, slut shaming, suicidal ideation, parasympathetic nervous system, how to initiate sex if you’re shy, rape culture, Tristan Taormino’s Open List, consent violations in the BDSM community, Aquaman fetish, sex educators as sex coaches, corrective experiences, mismatched libido, therapeutic kink, Getting The Love You Want by Harville Hendrix, cuckold fantasy, Dan Savage on dealing with adult temper tantrums, sex addiction, sex classes at sex toy stores, the “Orange Depression”, attachment injuries, using BDSM to overcome your fears
p.s. Please don’t forget subscribe on your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss an episode. Also please rate us on iTunes and Stitcher. If you really dig us, consider contributing to our Patreon page. All Patreon subscribers get our episodes early for as little as $1 per month. $10 contributors get brand new, monthly content made exclusively for Patreon supporters. Thanks!
Episode 10 Links
- Chicago BDSM Class: http://bit.ly/bdsmclasssunny
- Kinkly Sex Blogger 2017 voting: http://bit.ly/votesunny
Episode 10 Sponsor & Giveaway Info
- Sex Toy Spotlight item of the week: Harness Compatible Glass Dildos (get them, or almost anything else at Castle Megastore for 20% off with Code SUNNY)
- Angela White Fleshlight Contest: Win an Angela White Fleshlight and a copy of Angela Loves Women 3 which signed by both Angela White and Abella Danger, Contest extended– runs from 10/1-10/31/17. No purchase necessary. Enter online at Castle Megastore
- Wonder O Wand Giveaway at sunnymegatron.com: Provided by Castle Megastore. Entrants must be be over 18, US resident, no purchase necessary. Visit the giveaway page for details and to enter: https://sunnymegatron.com/wandgiveaway/