Having difficult conversations with one partner is hard enough. When consensual non-monogamy is part of the equation it can feel overwhelming. In this episode, therapist Kate Loree gives insight and actionable strategies for working through uncomfortable emotions like insecurity, feeling disempowered, and jealousy in polyamory/CNM. She also provides valuable tips on identifying & managing triggers with our partners and metamours. Some of what we touch on:
- Communication & jealousy in polyamory
- Attachment injury
- Grounding techniques
- Getting into your “resilient zone”
- The EPIC communication model
Guest Bio – Kate Loree, LMFT
Kate Loree, LMFT, is a sex-positive licensed marriage and family therapist with a specialty in non-monogamous, kink, LGBTQ, and sex worker communities.
In addition to her master’s in marriage and family therapy, she also has an MBA and is a registered art therapist (ATR). She is an EDSE-certified sex educator and an EMDR-certified therapist with additional training in the Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM) for the treatment of trauma. She has been practicing psychotherapy since 2003.
Kate is the author of Open Deeply: A Guide to Building Conscious, Compassionate Open Relationships (release date 4/19/22) and cohosts the sex-positive podcast of the same name, Open Deeply, with Sunny Megatron. She’s been featured in Buzzfeed videos, and has guested on Playboy Radio and many podcasts, including American Sex, Sluts and Scholars, and Sex Nerd Sandra. She’s written for Good Vibrations, Hollywood Magazine, and is a frequent public speaker.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed. You also get episodes made exclusively for Patreon members, podcast stickers, surprises in the mail, a personal video greeting & more for as little as $3 a month. Thanks!
Episode 196 Helpful Links & Resources for “Communication & Jealousy in Polyamory”
- Kate Loree Website: http://kateloree.com
- Kate Loree Facebook http://facebook.com/kateloreelmft
- Kate Loree Twitter http://twitter.com/kateloreelmft
- Kate Loree Instagram http://instagram.com/opendeeplywithkateloree
- Kate Loree YouTube https://www.youtube.com/kateloree
- Open Deeply: A Guide to Building Conscious, Compassionate Open Relationships book https://www.amazon.com/dp/164742335X/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_ZHACQ8RJHMR2R9HGHBMY
- Open Deeply Podcast http://opendeeplypodcast.com
- Ken Melvoin-Berg’s Thunderpants Academy Gaming Page
- Ken Melvoin-Berg’s Twitter https://twitter.com/ThunderpantsDM
- Sunny’s Free Kink Negotiation & Scene Planning Mini-Workbook https://sunnymegatron.gumroad.com/l/negotiationwb
- Zipper Magazine website https://zippermagazine.com/
- Zipper Magazine Instagram https://www.instagram.com/zippermagdotcom/
- Zipper Magazine Twitter https://twitter.com/ZipperMagDotcom
- Zipper Magazine Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Zipper-Magazine-113123824749292
- Zipper Magazine Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFDRtDhukxyQ_9t-Xfo2-w
- Sunny Megatron TikTok https://www.tiktok.com/@sunnymegatron
- American Sex Podcast Discord Community http://bit.ly/discordasp
- American Sex Podcast Patreon http://patreon.com/americansex
- Kink Academy Online BDSM Learning Library http://bit.ly/kinkacademy
Episode 196 Sponsor & Affiliate Discount Codes/Links
*by using our links & codes you can help support our work while saving a few bucks too—win/win!
- 30-day free trial of Dipsea Stories when you use code SUNNY at http://dipseastories.com/sunny
- For 40% off unlimited access to Calm’s entire library go to http://CALM.COM/Sunny
- Hot & Healthy Erotic Humiliation recorded class https://gum.co/humiliationclass
- Prostate Play for Beginners (recorded class) from Sugar Baltimore https://www.sugartheshop.com/prostate-milking-for-beginners.html
- Sunny & Ken’s classes on Kink Academy http://bit.ly/kinkacademyelectric& http://bit.ly/kinkacademyhumiliation
- 10% off American Sex Podcast & Sunny Megatron merch with code SUNNY (t-shirts, mugs, phone cases & more) http://bit.ly/sunnyshirts
- 10% off your order at Lovehoney when you use this link http://bit.ly/lovehoney15This link can be a little wonky and does not keep tracking cookies. If the discount does not show up in your cart (or disappears after you shop around on the site), access the site with that link again. Your items will still be in your cart & the discount will appear)
- 15% off everything at Lelo.com with code SUNNY
- 10% off everything (with minor restrictions) online from woman-owned, feminist, trans & queer-friendly Early To Bed http://bit.ly/sunnyetbwith code SUNNY
- 10% off everything from Fun Factory using this link http://bit.ly/sunnyfunfactoryand the code SUNNY at checkout
- 15% off most items from Stockroom https://bit.ly/sunnystockroom15with code SUNNY
–Submit your BDSM & sex advice questions by email to [email protected]
–To support American Sex podcast, please visit http://patreon.com/americansex (plus you’ll get all episodes early, secret episodes, bonus stories from guests, on-air shout-outs, stuff in the mail & more!)
–Get friendly with us on Twitter at @AmericanSexPod or visit sunnymegatron.com or americansexpodcast.com
–Join our mailing list by visiting http://sunnymegatron.com/newsletter
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!