“… live with a man 40 years… share his house, his meals, speak on every subject… then tie him up and hold him over the volcano’s edge. On that day, you will finally meet the man.”
This will be an all day event on Saturday 7/28/12 ~ Part One: from 2pm to 6pm in Chicago’s Chinatown. Part Two: from 9pm to 3am at The Studio.
Part One will involve a guided group trip to Chicago’s Chinatown for Firefly Cosplay costume shopping and for eating delicious Chinese food (and of course mischief and fun). You must cover your own costs separately for this part of the day. The time we will do this will be from 2pm to 6pm.
This will be a Firefly BDSM Cosplay event from 9pm to 3am that will include a Cooperative (NOT COERCIVE!!!!) interrogation scene involving multiple people Adelai Niska style.
A Firefly roleplaying game scenario (actual game, not BDSM) that will be Gamemastered by Ken Melvoin-Berg.
Last but certainly not least, an event that will involve “Companions.” More will be announced on this later.
As always all events at The Studio are clean, sober and 18 years of age and older.
Donation of $20.
Due to the extreme preparation for this event, SERIOUS RSVPs ONLY!!!! Send the RSVP to [email protected] (exact address will be given in response to RSVP e-mail)
It seems everyone’s talking about non-monogamous relationships these days. Polyamory has recently been featured on prime time news shows, magazine covers and reality TV programs. If you’ve thought about exploring some form of non-monogamy, you’ve probably wondered:
Is there a difference between and open relationship and a polyamorous one? How do swinging and group sex factor in? What is the appropriate way to approach someone for a threesome? How is jealousy managed with multiple partners? Isn’t “open-relationship” just a fancy term for cheating? Are people poly because they like to have lots of sex? How I talk to my partner about opening up our relationship? What happens if I get jealous?
There is no magic formula for an open relationship or one right way to be poly. In this workshop Ken and Sunny explain different types of non-monogamous relationships and give you tools to craft and maintain a relationship that’s right for you (and them!).
This class is through Chicago’s Meow University
And will take place at:
Good Gyrrl Studio
1200 W 35th St
Chicago, IL 60609
Eventbrite ticket page and additional details coming soon!
About the Instructors
Ken Melvoin-Berg owns Weird Chicago Tours and the Midwest’s premier S&M Dungeon, The Studio. As a Lecturer and Sexstorian, he is the creator of On The Edge (a lecture/film series on BDSM). In addition to authoring 14 books on various subjects, Ken edits and writes numerous articles on sexuality.
He travels around the world teaching kink awareness to various private groups and continually develops new kink-friendly/sex positive classes.
Ken is responsible for the infamous Northwestern University Fucksaw controversy while teaching his class, Networking for Kinky People. Sunny Megatron is his partner in crime in his perverted adventures.
Sunny Megatron is a pleasure advocate, sex blogger, sexpert, adult sexuality educator and accidental superhero.
Along with Ken, she is one of the infamous Northwestern Fucksaw Four and is the proud owner of that fucksaw heard around the world.
On any given weekend you can find Sunny hosting Red Light District Sex Tours and bachelorette parties for Weird Chicago Tours. She also teaches various sexuality workshops around the country including: Networking for Kinky People, BDSM 101, How to Give a World Class BlowJob, Exploring Non-Monogamy, ZAP! Electrical Play, The Female Orgasm, and Junk For Your Junk: Sex Toys 101.
Although Sunny covers various subjects, her specialties are the female orgasm and alternative sexuality— from LGBTQ topics to swinging, BDSM, nontraditional relationships, extreme toys, g-spot techniques and more. She particularly enjoys helping those curious about adding a little spice to their sex lives that aren’t sure where to begin.
The evening includes:
– Showtime Networks’ Superstar Sunny Megatron
– Sexual Folklorist Dixie De La Tour
– Music by the insanely talented Rachel Lark
– Bang-O accompaniment by Jefferson Bergey
– Pitch YOUR true story to [email protected]
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits, Live Onstage
About Bawdy Storytelling:
Bawdy Storytelling – the Original Sex + Storytelling series – features Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits Live Onstage; think of us as a One Night Stand with the Moth & Savage Love. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of Authors, Porn Stars, Sex Educators, Comics & More, along with Regular Joes just like you who submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (Mis)Adventure.
Bawdy Storytelling features tales of Carnal Wins & Epic Fails with No Scripts, No Nets, and No Holds Barred. These folks aren’t reading from cue cards: this is honest-to-badness story time with true sexcapades and poignant, transformational tales at each and every show. Join Sexual Folklorist Dixie De La Tour & hand-picked Rockstars as they share their own stories of Love, Lust, and making you feel funny in your bathing suit area. Hey, you may even go home with a few new tricks for your boudoir arsenal!
– While Sexual Folklorist Dixie De La Tour has been telling true, dirty stories for ages, it was in early 2007 that she founded Bawdy Storytelling, the Nation’s original sex and storytelling series. She was looking to encourage real connections in the San Francisco sexual underground, and, as the song goes, “Up from the ground came a bubbling crude…” Internationally known as the ‘Grande Dame of Dirty Storytelling,” Dixie has taken Bawdy from an industrial loft in the Bay Area to a multi-city live storytelling event that welcomes true stories from any and all communities (LGBTQIA, kink, polyamory, swingers, vanilla, and many more). Dixie and Bawdy Storytelling have been praised by press both big and small; She has been lauded by Master Storyteller Mike Daisey as a “masterful emcee, and her show is everything that works for storytelling—she creates a warm, safe space in which stories can bloom with dark hilarity, salacious textures, and moments of deep connection.” Dixie has hosted and curated Bawdy Storytelling events at Yale Sex Week, the Bondage Awards, CatalystCon Sexuality Conference, Dark Odyssey, FetFest, and more, as well as her home turf of the Bawdy Mainstage and BawdySlam shows. She works with each storyteller, crafting and curating, to make sure that the evening is a cohesive whole. She also leads storytelling workshops where would be storytellers can hone their craft (while arousing their audience). In her spare time, Dixie can be found causing trouble in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Portland, and any other major city where literate perverts gather to tell dirty stories.
– Sunny Megatron is a sex and BDSM educator, pleasure advocate, and award winning sex blogging superhero. She’s also the host & executive producer of Showtime’s Sex with Sunny Megatron. She has been featured in Huffington Post, AVN Magazine, Cosmo, as well as a variety sexuality blogs. In addition to running her own Youtube channel, Sunny is showcased on CalExotics channel as one of their Expert Sexperts. She also hosts the sexual health and wellness web series “Outside the Box” on the X3Sixty Network. Sunny teaches sexuality, relationship, and kink workshops with husband, Ken Melvoin-Berg.
As a lifestyle BDSM player, Sunny is passionate about freedom of sexual expression, sex positivity, self exploration, and pleasure based sex ed. Her goal is to normalize alternate sexuality practices and end sexual stigma. Sexuality isn’t shameful and it’s time we stop making it out to be.
– Rachel Lark is a singer/songwriter who sings about Sex, Drugs, heartbreak, and Messy Apartments. An up-and-coming San Francisco artist with a die-hard cult following, Rachel Lark has quickly become the musical muse of the sex-positive revolution. Her music has been featured on The Savage Lovecast, and she performs frequently San Francisco counterculture haunts like Bawdy Storytelling and Tourette’s Without Regrets.
Her music is always lyrically based with a strong foundation of passionate songwriting, while the timbres vary depending on the performance. Sometimes she’s bantering with the crowd over some ukulele plucking, and at other times she’ll be behind her laptop and synthesizers creating dance beats to accompany her layered vocal harmonies. In 2014 she released her debut EP, “I Wouldn’t Worry” followed by her first full-length album, “Lark After Dark,” and her Christmas album “Hung For The Holidays.” In 2015 she successfully funded a music video and new album through a Kickstarter campaign and is set to release both her new album, “Vagenius” and her new music video for Warm, Bloody, and Tender in August 2015.
Winner of the SF Weekly’s Best of San Francisco & the LA Weekly’s Best Of Los Angeles (for Best Storytelling) & 2 Time Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Award (Best Literary Event)
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly