When we talk about “the kink community” or BDSM as a general practice, it’s assumed these things have the same meaning for everyone. But do they? This conversation explores sex-positive philosophy & BDSM theory as we deconstruct the question, “What is Kink?” It sounds pretty simple but as we peel back the onion layers we find infinite answers. It turns out each of our subjective meanings of “kink” and “the kink community” dictate how we relate to others and our overall sexual experience. Is kink a set of actions? A philosophy? A generic catch-all word? Do we all practice it to some degree? You’re about to find out!
Sunny Megatron & Ken Melvoin-Berg Bio
Superheroes of sex ed, Ken Melvoin-Berg & Sunny Megatron are partners in every sense of the word. In addition to co-creating and co-producing Showtime’s “Sex with Sunny Megatron,” they initially gained recognition writing and teaching about everyone’s favorite subject, SEX. In their sell-out workshops, their unique brand of “edutainment” plus combined 30+ years of sexuality teaching experience puts students at ease. Each session seamlessly combines their humorous lecturing style, interactive exercises, and the latest sexuality research.
Sunny hosts their Showtime original television series, “Sex with Sunny Megatron,” taking viewers on a journey into the world of adult play, as everyday people expose their deepest and most intimate fantasies. Always honest, funny, and sex-positive, the show provides an interesting, fresh twist on sexual exploration.
Their latest endeavor is their hit podcast called American Sex that features an eclectic mix of guests from all walks of life. American Sex podcast is available on most major podcasting platforms.
On a more personal note, this dynamic duo are married to each other, parents, ethically non-monogamous, and lifestyle BDSM enthusiasts.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed. You also get episodes made exclusively for Patreon members, podcast stickers, surprises in the mail, a personal video greeting & more for as little as $3 a month. Thanks!
Episode 140 Links
- Sunny Megatron TikTok http://tiktok.com/@sunnymegatron
- Exploring BDSM podcast episode http://sunnymegatron.com/exploring-bdsm-podcast/
- BDSM as a Healing Tool podcast episode http://sunnymegatron.com/healing-through-bdsm-andrea-glik/
- Ken’s TTRPG Gaming Streams (Sunny Plays Tuesday nights at 5pm PT) http://twitch.tv/thunderpantsrpg
- Ken’s gaming Twitter handle http://twitter.com/thunderpantsdm
- XBIZ Industry Forum https://www.xbiz.net/index.php?c=home.updates&referrer_id=1410259
- American Sex Podcast Discord Community http://bit.ly/discordasp
- American Sex Podcast subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/americansexpodcast
- Wednesday night free American Sex Podcast live stream http://bit.ly/sunnygetvokl
- American Sex Podcast Patreon http://patreon.com/americansex
Episode 140 Sponsor, Affiliate & Giveaway Info
- 30 day free trial of Dipsea Stories when you use code SUNNY http://dipseastories.com/sunny
- Get 20% off + free shipping at Manscaped.com with code SUNNY http://manscaped.com
- YNOT Mail – The only sexual health & adult industry friendly email service http://bit.ly/sunnyynot
- Prestige Cams: A model owned, model-centric website, which works off Mobile Cell and Laptop for Pay per Minute Webcams, Phone Chat, and XXX Content. Registered models own their own content, which is protected by DMCA. https://prestigecams.net/
- 10% off American Sex Podcast & Sunny Megatron merch with code SUNNY (t-shirts, mugs, phone cases & more) http://bit.ly/sunnyshirts
- Sunny & Ken’s classes on Kink Academy http://bit.ly/kinkacademyelectric & http://bit.ly/kinkacademyhumiliation
- Prostate Play for Beginners (recorded class) from Sugar Baltimore https://www.sugartheshop.com/prostate-milking-for-beginners.html
- 15% off your order at Lovehoney when you use this link http://bit.ly/lovehoney15 (This link can be a little wonky and does not keep tracking cookies. If the discount does not show up in your cart (or disappears after you shop around on the site), access the site with that link again. Your items will still be in your cart & the discount will appear)
- 15% off everything at Lelo.com with code SUNNY
- 10% off everything (with minor restrictions) online from woman-owned, feminist, trans & queer-friendly Early To Bed http://bit.ly/sunnyetb with code SUNNY
- 10% off everything from Fun Factory using this link http://bit.ly/sunnyfunfactory and the code SUNNY at checkout
- At least 25% off BDSM gear & sex toys with Stockroom’s daily deal (there’s a new product each day!) https://www.stockroom.com/dailydeal/?acc=7c590f01490190db0ed02a5070e20f01
- 15% off most items from Stockroom http://bit.ly/sunnystockroom with code SUNNY