Brianna Rader gives us a behind-the-scenes look at the sex tech startup world. It turns out it’s not as easy as it seems. Facing restrictions at every turn and navigating nonsensical business standards (i.e. promoting penile erectile solutions is allowed but discussion of vaginal sexual function is not), Brianna stopped at nothing to bring her revolutionary idea, Juicebox, to life. We talk about how she got started in sex ed–as a college student trying to bring sex week to her university who ended up in the middle of a media firestorm. Brianna also breaks down sex coaching for us– how it differs from therapy, what essential skills you can acquire from it, and how it’s transformed sex lives in surprising ways. She tells a secret too–how to score free (yes, free!) 1-on-1 sex coaching from trained professionals.
Brianna Rader started her career in sex education by founding a local, grassroots organization, Sexual Empowerment & Awareness at Tennessee in 2012. Given the conservative and hostile political environment, it was a rocky start. The state legally condemned her and the organization and defunded them, which landed her on the Bill O’Reilly show. SEAT is still operating to this day.
She went on to receive her Masters in Global Health from UC San Francisco and founded a sex tech startup, Juicebox. Juicebox makes sex and relationship advice and coaching accessible to everyone.
In the app, you’re paired 1-on-1 with a professional sex and relationship coach or counselor who you can text as much as you want all anonymously. The coach is available to you 7 days a week and always gets back to you within 24 hours.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed. You also get episodes made exclusively for Patreon members, podcast stickers, surprises in the mail, a personal video greeting & more for as little as $3 a month. Thanks!
Episode 67 Links
- Juicebox sex coaching website: https://www.juiceboxi t.com
- Juicebox sex coaching app iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/ us/app/juicebox-love-life-expe rts/id1086096282?mt=8
- Brianna Raider Instagram https://www.instagram.com/brirader/
- Juicebox Instagram https://www.instagram.com/juiceboxapp
- Brianna Raider Twitter https://twitter.com/brirader
- Juicebox Twitter https://twitter.com/Juiceboxit
- Email email@example.com for more information or to connect with Brianna.
- All listeners will receive a free 5-day trial of 1-on-1 coaching on Juicebox with the promo code SUNNY.
- Our episode with Juicebox coach, Stella Harris http://sunnymegatron.com/stella-harris-tongue-tied-podcast/
- Sunny Megatron Instagram (please help us get to 10k to unlock more business features!) http://instagram.com/sunnymegatron
- Submit your 69 sex position related questions, thoughts & stories for our 69th episode to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clown Play article featuring Sunny & Ken in Playboyhttps://www.playboy.com/read/the-emergence-of-coulrophilia
- Cale Storer for jingles/music email@example.com
Episode 67 Sponsor, Affiliate & Giveaway Info
- Sunny & Ken’s classes on Kink Academy http://bit.ly/kinkacademyelectric
- Enter to win a We-Vibe Discover Gift Box & other goodies valued at $350 from babeland.com by filling out our Pleasure Podcasts listener survey. Winner will be randomly drawn the last week of December. Good luck!http://bit.ly/americansexsurvey
- 15% off your order at Lovehoney when you use this link http://bit.ly/lovehoney15
- 15% off everything at Lelo.com with code SUNNY
- 10% off everything (with minor restrictions) online from woman-owned, feminist, trans & queer-friendly Early To Bed with code SUNNY http://bit.ly/sunnyetb
© 2017-2018 American Sex