Typically women in the U.S. are on the losing end of an uneven division of labor. We are expected to give a f*ck about everything. This isn’t only for those that are parents or in heterosexual marriages. These rigid gender roles seep in at work, in school, in friendships, etc– even when we’re consciously trying to break free of them. In this episode, Airial Clark teaches us How to Be a Woman And Not Give a F*ck. It’s a must listen no matter your gender. Airial also tackles sex-positive parenting with us– when and how should you start to your kids about sex? What’s the best way to teach bodily autonomy and privacy but still parent effectively? How do you introduce sex-positive parenting when your kids are already teens? Ken & Sunny discuss unsolicited dick pics and the demand for well-endowed sex workers.
Airial Clark, MA is a San Francisco Bay Area-based educator and consultant specializing in intersectional awareness, parenting coach and sexual health educator. She began facilitating parent support programs as an undergraduate at U.C. Berkeley where she graduated with a double major in Anthropology and English Literature while raising her two sons as a queer, single parent. She then went on to earn her Master’s degree in the social justice focussed human sexuality studies program at San Francisco State University. In 2012, she created an international sexual health and parent education resource: The Sex-Positive Parent. Airial empowers parents and families of all shapes and sizes to become more informed and empathetic when teaching their children about boundaries, consent, gender and sexuality. In October 2017, Airial created another intersectional empowerment resource: How To Be A Woman & Not Give A Fuck. This workshop series exists to support all women in countering gendered expectations that impact women negatively. She focuses on the diverse lived experiences of all women in order to effectively address invisible labor, compassion fatigue and gaslighting in both personal and professional settings. She is currently on an international workshop taking the workshop to 13 cities in 2 countries.
p.s. Please subscribe to American Sex & rate us on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. And if you really dig us, consider becoming a member of our Patreon family. All Patreon members get our episodes early and access to our exclusive feed for as little as $1 per month. Contributors also get brand new, monthly content and episodes made exclusively for Patreon members. Thanks!
Episode 51 Links
- Airial Clark Twitter http://twitter.com/airialclark
- Airial Clark Instagram http://instagram.com/airial_not_ariel
- Airial Clark Facebook http://facebook.com/TheSexPositiveParent/
- Airial Clark Website airialclark.com
- How to be a Woman & Not Give a Fuck http:// howtobeawomanandnotgiveafuck. com
- The Sex Positive Parent thesexpositiveparent. com
- Garfunkel & Oates song 50/50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCKpJkplwoU&t=16s
- Scarleteen http://www.scarleteen.com/
- The Body is Not an Apology https://thebodyisnotanapology.com/
- Division of Labor cartoon/meme https://english.emmaclit.com/2017/05/20/you-shouldve-asked/
- Sunny Megatron Instagram/IGTV (please help us get to 10k to unlock more business features!) instagram.com/sunnymegatron
- $100 off Midori’s Forte Femme August (San Fransisco) – use code sunnyhttp://www.fortefemme.com/
- COPE Conference Ohio July 2018 (we’re teaching!)http://adventuresinsexuality.org/COPE/tickets.html
Episode 51 Sponsor & Giveaway Info
- 10% off your entire peepshowtoys.com order with code SUNNY.
- Pretty Love Ford clitoral silicone stimulator giveaway ($69 value) provided by Castle Megastore. Entrants must be over 18, US resident, no purchase necessary. Visit the giveaway page for details and to enter:http://sunnymegatron.com/prettyloveford
- 20% off your order at http://castlemegastore.com when you use code SUNNY at checkout (limited restrictions apply)
$100 off Midori’s July or August 2018 Forte Femme with code “sunny”
© 2017-2019 American Sex